With a current capacity of 750 beds, Manipal Teaching Hospital offers tertiary/referral level multi-specialty services to all strata of society.
We have different types of accommodation available as per personal requirement and/or choice
- GENERAL BED: 5 patient beds in one room, of 6.7 M x 6.7 M dimension with attached toilet
- PRIVATE: Twin-sharing basis; 2 patients beds with 2 attendant cots in one room of same dimensions as above
- SPECIAL: Single accommodation with 1 patient bed a 1 attendant cot in one room of 5 M x 3 M dimension with attached toilet, TV and telephone in the room
All the rooms are cleaned daily by house-keeping staff.
All beds are provided with a bed-side table unit, mattress, and bed-linen with blanket. Heater is provided to Special and Private Rooms on request (to Nurse). Bed-pans, urine pots are provided by Nurse as per requirement, and also on request.
General Rules for patients and attendants
- Food/diet is not provided by hospital, the patient needs to arrange own food, but there is a Canteen in the Basement floor of the hospital which caters for patient food at reasonable price. No cooking is allowed in patient rooms
- Patients’ medicines are available in IP Pharmacy on second floor.
- Hospital is NON-SMOKING zone, patients and/or attendants are strongly advised to refrain from smoking within the hospital building (including toilets)
- Please refrain from using other addictive substances, including alcohol, narcotics and drugs. Patients and/or attendants found in intoxicated state would be strictly handled by our security, and, if required, they may be handed over to Police for creating nuisance
- There are restrictions in certain wards/areas for attendants and/or visitors – please follow these for the benefit of the patients and smooth functioning.
- Please do not give tips or bribe any staff in the hospital for any services/facilities
- The only places in the hospital for making payments are Billing Counter (Ground Floor) and Pharmacy (OPD Pharmacy on Ground Floor and 24-hours IP Pharmacy on Second Floor). Please insist for a computer-generated voucher/receipt for all payments. If anyone asks for remitting money anywhere else for hospital services, please report it confidentially to Hospital Administrator or Hospital Director (Second Floor, Administrative Block).
- Well-stocked in-house Pharmacy (recipient of ‘the Best Pharmacy in Nepal’ Award) – total 2 pharmacies, one for OPD (on Ground Floor) and the other operating 24x7 for ER and in-patients.
- Physiotherapy and vocational services (with multi-gym & modern equipment including Short-wave and Ultrasonic Diathermy, traction system)
- Speech therapy by trained specialist
- Psychological Counselling & Psychometric assessment
- Round-the-clock supportive services include
- Blood Bank (Nepal Red Cross approved)
- Mortuary for transient storage of dead-bodies (with prior permission on request)
- Round-the-clock Generator back-up
- Own Ambulance facility within Pokhara sub-metropolitan area (on demand, chargeable through Billing Counters)
- Police persons are deputed in the hospital in civil dress (mainly for medico-legal cases) – if someone is in any danger or requires institutional help/intervention, s/he can request the ER Medical Officer for this.
- Coffee Shop in the ground floor lobby
- Spectacle shop behind the ground floor lobby, near staircase
- Cafeteria in the basement
- Parking space for 2- and 4-wheelers
- ATM (SBI Nepal) – 24x7 at the main entrance arch-gate
- Bank Annex Counter (Standard Chartered) – on 1st floor of hospital building, operational as per banking hours only
- Bus services starting from within the hospital campus to various places in Pokhara
- Helipad for the air-ambulances (service provided by outside operators)
- Taxi stand at the main gate.